PhD thesis: “Pre-service teachers’ English listening competence development through fiction audiobooks”. Specialty 13.00.02 – Theory and Methods of Teaching (Germanic Languages) (011 – Educational, pedagogical studies)
Scientific interests: methodology of teaching languages and cultures, fictional discourse, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, contemporary English literature.
2014-2018 – PhD studies at Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University
2009-2010 – Master’s Degree in English Philology
2008 – attended a 120 hour initial teacher Training course at Language Link London, completed 70 hours of teaching practice and received the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA).
2020 – participated in 2020 TESOL-Ukraine National Teacher Development Institute “Teaching Writing as a 21st Century Skill” (16 academic hours) (9-10 January, Lviv, Ukraine).
2019 – completed the 40-hour Trainer Development course designed and delivered by the British Council Ukraine within the framework of the New Generation School Teacher project (16-21 January, Lviv, Ukraine).
2011 – attended the Teacher Development Summer School, completed the 30-hour Train the Trainer course organized by the British Council Ukraine, IATEFL Ukraine and the Institute for Innovative Technologies and the Content of Education (28 June – 04 July, Lviv)
successfully completed an 8-week online teacher training course “Methodology for TESOL” delivered by University of Maryland Baltimore County January 7, 2020 – March 3, 2020. The American English (AE) E-Teacher Program
successfully completed the following Coursera courses: Ubiquitous Learning and Instructional Technologies (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), University Teaching (The University of Hong Kong), Powerful Tools for Teaching and Learning: Web 2.0 Tools (University of Houston), Successful Presentation (University of Colorado Boulder), Learning to Teach Online (UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)), Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential (McMaster University), Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects (McMaster University), Learning How To Learn for Youth (Arizona State University) and others
presented at the International Virtual ELT Web Conference “The Importance of Using Innovative Methods in ELT Classrooms”, 8 July 2020, Oman. Presentation: “Developing 4C skills through mute animated videos in EFL classes”
participated in the work of TESOL-Ukraine Teacher Development Winter Institute “”Teaching Writing as a 21st Century Skill” (16). January 09-10, 2020. Ivan Poluj Liceum, Lviv
participated in National level E-Quiz on “Plagiarism Awareness-Research & Academic Ethics” organized by the Faculty of Doctoral Studies & Research and Faculty of Computer Application in association with Indian Society for Technical Education on 21 July 2020
participated in Eurodoc Virtual Conference “Open up your science!” 22-23 July 2020, Warsaw
participated in ChangeMaker 2020 Virtual Conference: Teaching and Learning in Our New Normal, July 14, 2020. Professional Development Credit Hours Earned: Five (5). The Madison Institute, LLC (d.b.a. TMI Education)
Since 2019 – a lecturer at Ivano-Frankivsk Institute of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education
Since 2019 – a teacher at the First Kyiv Courses Of Foreign Languages, Ivano-Frankivsk
2005-2008 – working and studying in the UK (Imperial College London, Leicester Square School of English, Language Link London).
2008 – Academic IELTS certificate, overall band score 7.0 (University of Westminster IELTS Test CentreUK)
2007 – FCE certificate, B2 (University of Cambridge ESOL ExaminationUK, London Crest Open Centre)
Since 2019 – a member of IATEFL Ukraine and TESOL-Ukraine
- Bilianska, Iryna (2018) Pre-service Teachers’ English Listening Competence Development Trough Fiction Audiobooks. [Manuscript]. Thesis for a Candidate Degree in Pedagogical Sciences (Germanic Languages). Ternopil: Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University.
- Zadorozhna I, Bilianska, I (2018) Listening to fiction audiobooks. Contemporary short stories. Ternopil: Vektor. 171 p.
- Bilyanska I. (2014) Lingvodidactic potential of fiction audiobooks for listening skills develoment of pre-service teachers. Modern Trends and Resources for Teachers of Foreign Languages Journal. Moldova. № 3. P. 34–39. URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwGCk4G8dxTaM3V1ZjdXR1ZJakk/edit
- Bilianska I. (2018) The pedagogical sequence for audiobook listening instruction of Ukrainian pre-service teachers. Toronto. March/April Vol. 7, No. 2. P. 80–95.
- Bilianska, I (2019) Developing speech perception skills for better listening comprehension. Educational Horizons. 48 № 1. Ivano-Frankivsk. p. 20-23.
- Bilyanska I. (2015) Developing EFL teachers’ listening skills with the help of fiction audiobooks. Suchasni doslidzhennia z linhvistyky, literaturoznavstva i mizhkulturnoi komunikatsii (ELLIC 2015): Itnernational Scientific Conference. Vasyl Stefanyl Precarpathian National University. Ivano-Frankivsk. P. 355–360.
- Practical Course of English, 1st year
- Practical Course of English, 2nd year
- Methods of Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Teaching Listening), 3rd year
Self-Study PCE, 2nd year download
Self-Study PCE, 1st year(1st erm) download
Self-Study PCE, 1st year (2nd term) download
Тел: +38 0342 596069