PhD thesis: “Pre-service teachers’ English listening competence development through fiction audiobooks”. Specialty 13.00.02 – Theory and Methods of Teaching (Germanic Languages) (011 – Educational, pedagogical studies)
Scientific interests: methodology of teaching languages and cultures, fictional discourse, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, contemporary English literature.
2014-2018 – PhD studies at Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University
2009-2010 – Master’s Degree in English Philology
2008 – attended a 120 hour initial teacher Training course at Language Link London, completed 70 hours of teaching practice and received the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA).
2020 – participated in 2020 TESOL-Ukraine National Teacher Development Institute “Teaching Writing as a 21st Century Skill” (16 academic hours) (9-10 January, Lviv, Ukraine).
2019 – completed the 40-hour Trainer Development course designed and delivered by the British Council Ukraine within the framework of the New Generation School Teacher project (16-21 January, Lviv, Ukraine).
2011 – attended the Teacher Development Summer School, completed the 30-hour Train the Trainer course organized by the British Council Ukraine, IATEFL Ukraine and the Institute for Innovative Technologies and the Content of Education (28 June – 04 July, Lviv)
Since 2019 – a lecturer at Ivano-Frankivsk Institute of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education
Since 2019 – a teacher at the First Kyiv Courses Of Foreign Languages, Ivano-Frankivsk
2005-2008 – working and studying in the UK (Imperial College London, Leicester Square School of English, Language Link London).
2008 – Academic IELTS certificate, overall band score 7.0 (University of Westminster IELTS Test CentreUK)
2007 – FCE certificate, B2 (University of Cambridge ESOL ExaminationUK, London Crest Open Centre)
Since 2019 – a member of IATEFL Ukraine and TESOL-Ukraine
- Bilianska, Iryna (2018) Pre-service Teachers’ English Listening Competence Development Trough Fiction Audiobooks. [Manuscript]. Thesis for a Candidate Degree in Pedagogical Sciences (Germanic Languages). Ternopil: Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University.
- Zadorozhna I, Bilianska, I (2018) Listening to fiction audiobooks. Contemporary short stories. Ternopil: Vektor. 171 p.
- Bilyanska I. (2014) Lingvodidactic potential of fiction audiobooks for listening skills develoment of pre-service teachers. Modern Trends and Resources for Teachers of Foreign Languages Journal. Moldova. № 3. P. 34–39. URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwGCk4G8dxTaM3V1ZjdXR1ZJakk/edit
- Bilianska I. (2018) The pedagogical sequence for audiobook listening instruction of Ukrainian pre-service teachers. Toronto. March/April Vol. 7, No. 2. P. 80–95.
- Bilianska, I (2019) Developing speech perception skills for better listening comprehension. Educational Horizons. 48 № 1. Ivano-Frankivsk. p. 20-23.
- Bilyanska I. (2015) Developing EFL teachers’ listening skills with the help of fiction audiobooks. Suchasni doslidzhennia z linhvistyky, literaturoznavstva i mizhkulturnoi komunikatsii (ELLIC 2015): Itnernational Scientific Conference. Vasyl Stefanyl Precarpathian National University. Ivano-Frankivsk. P. 355–360.
- Practical Course of English, 1st year
- Practical Course of English, 2nd year
- Methods of Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Teaching Listening), 3rd year
Self-Study PCE, 2nd year download
Self-Study PCE, 1st year(1st erm) download
Self-Study PCE, 1st year (2nd term) download
Тел: +38 0342 596069